Downtown Berkley Art & About Artist Application 2017
CALLING ALL ARTISTS! Now accepting applications for the 2017 Downtown Berkley Art & About season!
About Art & About
Art & About is a free, self-guided walking/trolley tour of Downtown Berkley's art venues, restaurants, and businesses on the second Friday of each month, June - October.
During Art & About, participating business will host an artist, musician or performer inside their store or along the sidewalk. Artists will be rotated each month.
There is no charge for participation.
* Required Fields
All artistic media, music and performance considered. Art & About is a producer-only event; all pieces MUST BE ORIGINAL and handcrafted by the artist.
A committee reviews every applicant for acceptance or denial prior to each event. Artists need only apply once per year. Accepted artists will be invited to the Art & About via email and provided with further instruction.Confirmed artists will be assigned to a selected merchant and given further direction. If selected for more than one Art & About, artists will be rotated to a different venue each month.
Please Note: We are ONLY accepting digital applications. NO PAPER APPLICATIONS.
STEP 1. COMPLETE this application and check the Indemnity Agreement box below.
STEP 2. EMAIL 3-5 JPG images to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Art & About Application" in subject line
STEP 3. Wait to hear back about your acceptance. Decisions will be provided via email from email@example.com.
Applications are incomplete and will not be reviewed until the steps above are complete.
MUSICIANS AND PERFORMANCE ART
- Please EMAIL a link to video and/or audio files that are representative of your work. Also detail the size of your setup (how many people in band, instruments, sound equipment, etc.). This is a sidewalk event; you will not have a stage, but will be set up on the sidewalk in front of a merchant.
- Size limitations and quantity specifications are determined by the limitations of each venue.
More About Image Submission
- Email 3-5 JPG images that are representative of your work that you plan to show at the event.
- In the email subject heading please include Artist’s FIRST and LAST name and ART & ABOUT APPLICATION. i.e: “EMILY SMITH ART WALK APPLICATION”
- Please adhere to the following file naming convention:
- Example: SmithS_PortraitofGrandma.jpg
- Photograph outside in a shaded (solid, not dappled) area, such as under an awning, porch, or garage. Consider the time of day and work when the light is nice.
- Place works on a solid-colored background (black, white, grey)
- Do not use a flash (causes glare)
- Use a tripod or some level surface
- Align your camera to your art to lessen distortion.
- Do not shoot your work too closely (will cause distortion). Rather, step back and zoom in OR crop after the fact.
- Take several photos of each piece and examine to choose the best, most accurate representation of your work.
- GOOGLE: "How to photograph art"
- Hire (bribe) a more experienced person to help!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.